Introduction to Yoga from a Christian Perspective
New Day Yoga offers an "Introduction to Yoga from a Christian Perspective" course every January. This course is designed for two groups of yogis and yoginis:
- Those who have already acquired their yoga teacher certification but want to know how to integrate their Christian faith into their practice and teaching of yoga
- Those who have been practicing yoga regularly for at least a year who want to learn about the following topics
Possible topics to be Covered:
- Biblical Discernment and Wisdom for Yoga from a Christian Perspective
- Using Yoga to Enhance Christian Faith and Disciplines
- The Five Components of the Human Being from a Christian Perspective
- Patanjali's Eight-Fold Path from a Christian Perspective
- The Chakras from a Christian Perspective
- Christian Approaches in Teaching Yoga to Others
- Materials will be provided for your use after the course, and a certificate will be presented.
Friday 3:00pm - 7:00pm
Saturday 10:00am - 6:00pm
Both days will include a full yoga practice. Saturday will include lunch.
New Day Yoga Studio
2716 Bent Creek Drive
Dates: Jan. 16-17, 2015
Deadline for Registration and Application: Jan. 9, 2015
All courses taught by Dayna Gelinas of New Day Yoga are registered with Yoga Alliance and can be used towards Continuing Education Units.